Friday, December 5, 2008

Man D'oeuvres

Okay I'm back, and just in time for the holidays, I bring you: Man Oeuvres. This is one of those snacks that if you're not careful you'll end up eating the entire entree yourself and then you'll feel like a loser. So make sure you have at least one other person around to share this with. This is incredibly easy to make. Here's what you need:


Crackers: I used Ritz this go around but I also use Triscuits and Wheat thins.

Cream Cheese: Any brand will do

Rose City Pepperheads Jelly: Any flavor will do. I used Apricot with Attitude

First you set a block of cream cheese out on a plate and let it get a little soft. Or if you're in a hurry, you can stick it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it.
Next you spoon your favorite flavor of Rose City Pepperheads Jelly on top of the cream cheese.
Now you're done and can start dipping crackers into the spread.
The jelly is what really makes this great. My sister in law introduced me to the Rose City Pepperhead Jelly company a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since. Whenever she visits from Oregon she brings me a few jars and I love her for it. The peppers give this a sweet and picante bite that is immediately cooled a bit by the cream cheese. So those of you who are inexperienced in the way of the pepper won't suffer.
This snack can pull double duty for you. It's great for watching the game and it's equally good for impressing your wife when she's preparing a more formal dinner party. Enjoy!


2 comments:

LeMira said...

Believe it or not, I actually grew up eating something like this. My mom would use her homemade jalepeno jelly. Very yummy.`

Cat said...

Hey! I just found your blog on MMB, and I think it's great!! I am totally going to tell my husband about your site -- hopefully, he will pick up a few tips :)